Womin djeka Balnarring Ngargee Vision Statement
Womin Djeka Balnarring Ngargee (festival) Vision Statement For the Womindjeka Balnarring Ngargee (Festival), to be an event where the community can gather to share, begin conversations and walk with First Peoples. The festival will:
- Honour and celebrate First Peoples cultures
- Involve the whole community caring for and learning with Country
- Demonstrate a commitment to reconciliation
- To provide opportunities for First Peoples to share and celebrate their talents and knowledge
- To provide an opportunity to learn with First Peoples and be guided by them when creating the festival.
- To provide an opportunity to learn about caring for: the land, waterways, plants, animals and
- To provide a welcoming and supportive place where people from diverse backgrounds can meet
- To be inclusive of all ages, bringing the community together across generations
- To be inclusive of all people including those with disability, and gender diversity.
- To establish and strengthen partnerships
- For First Peoples to be hired in all aspects of the festival including entertainment, workshops and craft stalls
- For local community groups which promote caring for Country to be invited to participate
- For activities to be developed which will cater for a diverse range of ages and interests.
- For children and families to be at the forefront of all decision making.